Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Primary Care Physician (PCP) will provide primary medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The PCP performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- The PCP is expected to be able to provide care consistent with their licensure and/or certification
- Provides diagnosis, treatment, therapy and management of patients according to current standards of care
- Utilizes managed care processes for cost-effective and efficient use of lab, radiology and extended service providers, including specialists, hospitals, skilled nursing providers, and other ancillary services
- Completes timely and comprehensive medical documentation in EMR systems according to company standards
- Participates with peers, employed specialists, such as dermatology, podiatry, and wound care for the comprehensive care of the WellMed patient
- Conducts or directs education effective communications to patients, families, and other health care providers
- Conducts educational activities for organization’s physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and their ancillary staff for the purposes of education and patient care
- Participates in business and patient care meetings
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board certification or eligibility in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Current, unrestricted Texas Medical License
- Valid DEA
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) proficiency
- Possess a working understanding and support of a managed care environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and maintain relationships with various health plans
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.