Location: Edina, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019718
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is the premier multi-specialty physician practice established at the University of Minnesota dedicated to serving the upper Midwest and beyond. We help people live healthy lives by delivering the highest standard of patient care, providing access to cutting-edge therapies and training the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our care team includes more than 1000 physicians providing a wide variety of services, including primary care, specialty and subspecialty care at our M Physicians clinics and in health systems throughout the region to a diverse patient population.
The Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at M Physicians is seeking a full-time AP/CP-boarded, Surgical Pathologist with Anatomic Pathology subspecialty training, to join community practice based at M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital.
The individual hired will be employed full-time in the MPhysicians practice group and will practice in a community hospital setting.
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited Pathology residency training program
- Board Certified or eligible in AP/CP by the American Board of Pathology
- Fellowship training or equivalent experience in an AP subspeciality (like GU, breast/gyn, thoracic, head & neck, etc.)
- Broad experience in general surgical pathology preferred
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Work in close collaboration with and Fairview community pathologists
- Practice base located at M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital with flexibility to move to other M Health Fairview sites to meet practice needs; privileges at M Health Ridges, Southdale, Northland, Lakes, St. John's, Woodwinds, Bethesda, Range, University of Minnesota Medical Center, Clinics and Surgery Center and Fairview clinics.
- Call Frequency: On rotation schedule with other community-based pathologists
- Areas of practice: Area of subspecialty interest as well as other surgical pathology services. Participation in general call pool for M Health Fairview Community Hospital sites (covering frozen sections, CP call, heme bench reviews, rapid on-site evaluation for specimen adequacy for surgical and cytology specimens, etc.)
- Participate in the Anatomic Pathology quality management program of the community hospitals.
Competitive compensation and market leading benefits packages to support all aspects of employee well-being, including physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, and financial health. More information can be found here: University of Minnesota Physicians.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health Fairview (M Health Fairview) shared care delivery system. M Health Fairview represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system. #UMP
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, consistently ranked as one of the best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. Minneapolis-St. Paul offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. There are excellent school systems, a thriving workforce, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and an international airport. Minneapolis boasts outdoor hobbies including fishing and boating, great golf, and some of the country's best bike trails.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.