Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Southwest Medical believes the Primary Care Physician is the foundation of every highly functioning and affordable healthcare delivery team. Therefore, Southwest Medical supports the training of future primary care physicians with the Pathway Program. Southwest Medical will provide financial and educational support while engaging in a mentoring relationship with residents during their final year of training. This early commitment reflects the value Southwest Medical places on each primary care physician always with a commitment to bringing and retaining top PCP’s for the Southern Nevada Community.
By being a Pathway Physician in their final year of training residents are able to complete their training with added financial and mentoring support. Having made a commitment to practice group and location, a career search will not distract from the third year of training. The commitment and dedication of the Pathway Physician to their education and residency program is the first priority. The Pathway Program is meant to enhance the final year of the residency experience while helping the training physician develop an added skill set to maximize success as the transition from residency to private practice.
Early commitment through the Pathway Program allows the physician to enhance their work life balance during their last year of residency.
The purpose of the Physician Pathway Program is to share a mutual commitment between OptumCare/Southwest Medical and residents to prepare both parties for mutual success.
- Understand the Culture and Values of Southwest Medical and OptumCare
- Learn about Population Management and the way it is implemented at Southwest Medical
- Get to know Southwest Medical Providers and Staff
- Mentoring by Southwest Medical Physicians
- Opportunity to do elective rotation with Southwest Medical
- Attend Quarterly provider meetings and monthly department meetings when possible (Limited for out of town Pathways Physicians)
- Introduction to Patient Engagement
- Practicing Excellence Curriculum
- Want to be part of a team based model clinic
- Want to make an early commitment, to enjoy, focus, and maximize the last year of training
- As delivery and science of medicine continues to evolve; The Pathway Physician will be joining an organization that strives to be a leader in this evolution
- Be part of a patient centered, physician led health care organizations
- Pathway Physicians are Leaders and desire to have an opportunity to develop and implement leadership with their patients, their team, and in areas of influence
- Passion for medicine and a desire to provide exceptional patient care
- Be part of a company that strive to embrace and promote the 5 Cultural pillars: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation, Performance
- MD/DO Degree
- Be in an accredited residency program
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $225,900 to $315,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Job Keywords: Residency Pathway, Physician, Las Vegas, NV, Nevada